The lec-dem sessions are held between 8.30 and 9.30 a.m. throughout the festival days.
This year's lec-dem series is sponsored by South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur.
Venue : Vidya Bharathi Kalyana Mandapam, 55, Bheemasena Garden Road,
Mylapore, Chennai - 600 004
Dec.17, 2009 - Thursday
- 'The uniqueness of G.N.B.' by Prof. T.R. Subramaniam
- 'Panchanadai Pallavi' by Chingleput Ranganathan, Principal, Teachers Training College, The Music Academy, Chennai.
- 'Technique of singing Varnam with Gati bheda by Trichy J. Venkataraman, Musician & Musicologist.
- 8.30 a.m. - A vision of Sri Rama in the compositions of Sri Tyagaraja by Prof. R.V. Krishnan, Retd. Vice Principal, Govt.Music College, Chennai.
- 10.00 a.m. - 'Isai Tarum Irumaappu' by Neyveli R. Santhanagopalan and Sri. Ganesh Sharma.
- 'Significant role of the anga-s in the Musical form Kriti' by Dr. Rajshri Ramakrishna, Lecturer, Dept. of Indian Music, Univ. of Madras.
- 'The Concept of 22 Srutis' by Dr. R.S. Jayalakshmi, Lecturer, T.T.C. The Music Academy, Chennai.
- 'Harikatha Chakravarthi Embar Sri Vijayaraghavachariyar' by Dr. B.M. Sundaram, Musicologist.
- 'A rational approach to vivadi svaras in ragas with proximity to Vadi, Samvadi & Anuvadi svaras' Dr. T. Sachi Devi, Retd Prof.of Music, Maharani Arts College, Bangalore.
- 'Manodharma Made Easy' - Compositions as a guide to improvisation in both Carnatic and Hindustani music by Dr. Sriram Parasuram, Musician & Musicologist.
- 8.30 a.m. - 'Voice Disorder and Remedy' by Dr. T. Unnikrishnan, Dean, Faculty of Music, Indira Kala Sangita Vishvavidyalaya,Chattisgarh
- 10.00 a.m. 'Sa Ga Ma Pa Ni Sa Patterns' `by Prof. S.R. Janakiraman, Musician & Musicologist.
- 'Viruttam Singing' by Aleppey Venkatesan, Musician & Musicologist.
- 'Venkatesa Vaibhavam' An ecstatic outpourings of composers (Prog : Dedicated to Sri. Embar) by Dr. M.Premeela Gurumurthy, Prof.& Head, Dept. of Indian Music, Univ. of Madras.
- 'Jatisvaram as a Dance form and as an Art form' by Dr. M.B. Vedavalli, Emeritus Professor, Dept. of Indian Music, Univ. of Madras.
- 'Mallaari and its Special Features' by Vyasarpadi G.Kothandaraman, nagaswaram, & Paalapattu Dr.R.Rajendran, Principal, Govt. Music College, Coimbatore.
- 'A critical study of Ramanatakam' by Dr. S.A.K. Durga, Emeritus Prof. Dept. of Indian Music, Univ. of Madras.
- 'Kolaru Padigam of Tirujnanasambandar - A study' by Smt. Vijayalakshmi Sankaranarayanan, Musician & Musicologist.